Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding the other day and ont he way back from town, after only about 20 miles on a full tank the bike starts cutting out like the main tank is dry, switched to reserve and she ran fine. At least I don't have to guess the problem, the Petcock. Since I already had a minor leak when switching the lever I was thinking of replacing the whole assembly, but I don't want to shell out $50 bucks for a OEM. I saw another link the other day and it was suggested that this would fit, My link I think that user was running a '80 Deluxe though. Would this fit on a '80 Custom tank?

·
Registered
169 Posts
As long as yours is 14mm it will work. I switched the one from my Gl500i and it was 18mm. I do know that the deluxe tank uses 14mm, but don't know about the custom tank. Sorry I couldn't help more. If you do find that you have 18mm, let me know and I will give you the info about the manual petcock I bought on ebay - works perfect!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.