Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a line on a supposedly complete CX650 parts bike.

It is short the radiator.

I want it for the 650 clutch so I can do that mod to my cx500.

The rest I will be happy to part out.

So I was wondering when you go look at a parts bike what do you bring with you for tools?

Someone was saying that they take a mallet with them to smack the brake calipers in case they are frozen.

I am assuming they mean a rubber mallet and not a steel one.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I am going to take my air pump (little tiny compressor) The idea is see if I can get air in the tires long enough to get it in the truck.

So suggestions??

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had to take off my front brake caliper and let it dangle so I could roll it

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
I usually bring some common hand tools, including a metric socket set - just enough to get it where it can be rolled onto a trailer.

Just curious, is this the CX650 in the Augusta Craigslist?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like there will be no parts bike for me. Not right now anyway.

The lady selling it is very inconsistent with communication.

I got the impression it is her son's and she listed it to light a fire under his rear about the bike.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Looks like there will be no parts bike for me. Not right now anyway.

The lady selling it is very inconsistent with communication.

I got the impression it is her son's and she listed it to light a fire under his rear about the bike.

I hate a-holes that do this. I went to look at a car for a friend that was on CL, talked to the idiot selling it on the phone, sounded good. A 45 minute drive out to the place and the car was a total POS, nothing like it was described. The little worm wasn't even there, he took off and left his clueless mom there to show us the car.

We got him good though, I guess my friend had been through similar experiences in his quest, he had a bogus check he printed up on his compter that looked just like a cashiers check, for twice the asking price. He told the idiots mother that he loved the car, and it was just what he was looking for, and handed her the check and said we'd be back to pick up the gem of a car in a week or two after her son cashed the check.

You'll have other oportunities to pick up a parts bike, probably a better deal than this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts