Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Parting Out 1980 CX500 Custom

9K views 50 replies 17 participants last post by  frjosephklee 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've been on here. After a lot of thought, I have decided to part out my bike. I just don't ride anymore, and it's taking up a lot of room in my garage. It was fun while it lasted, but I need the money and space, plus I'll be moving cross country soon. I have everything (except the airbox), but I did weld Murray's pipes onto the header pipes, so that is the only permanent change I made.
Let me know what you would be interested in, offer a price, and lets talk about it! It has the Ignitech upgrade and pod airfilters and adjusted jets in the carbs for the pods. Thanks for your time! If I don't respond in a timeley manner (24 hrs) please send me a personal email @ aaronc.jenkins@yahoo.com
Thanks again!

CALLED FOR:
SPARK PLUG BOOTS - $20 + SHIPPING
GAS TANK - $125 + SHIPPING
HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY - 50+ SHIPPING
IGNITECH - SOLD
CARBS - SOLD
SPARK PLUG CAPS - SOLD

STILL AVAILABLE:

REGULATOR RECTIFIER - $20 + SHIPPING
VOLTAGE REGULATOR - $20 + SHIPPING
RIGHT SIDE COVER - $25 + shipping
ENGINE, 29K - $300 + SHIPPING (US ONLY, LOCAL PICKUP PREFERRED)
WHOLE WIRE HARNESS - $50 + SHIPPING
RADIATOR - $75 + SHIPPING
BLINKERS - $30 EACH SET + SHIPPING
Starter, good condition $50 + SHIPPING
SPEEDO $50 + SHIPPING

If you have anymore parts requests, let me know. I don't want to take apart the engine, id rather sell it as a whole if I can.

See less See more
#4 ·
What would you need for the header w/ Murray's adapters shipped to TN (37129)
PM me.

#5 ·
I'll post a pic if the tank as soon as I get home, but i think $125 + shipping is fair. 100$ + shipping for the ignitech, it's still in great condition.
The headers are welded to Murray's standard exhaust pipes. Unless you want me to cut them off the headers, I gotta ship the whole thing. And I'm not sure of shipping yet, once I get home I'll gave a better idea. But $75 + shipping for both headers and pipes.

#17 ·
What's the condition of your gauges? My speedo is on the fritz and I've looked into a 2 in one but an OEM is all I really need. Looking for a scrambler/brat style seat as well, not sure what you have on yours.

#21 ·
Is there any way I can get the Carb floats and the O-rings for the fuel transfer pipes

#27 ·
The seat & left cover are still available and in good condition. However the mufflers are pretty bent up at the attatching end. It's also a Harley muffler, so it's not stock. The aeat is $50 + shipping, the left cover is $25 + shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.