Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an extra set of carbs I got with a project bike. The carbs are a set of Murrays for the 78 to 81 cx500. The set is considered partial because you'll need to procure some parts. Included is the carbs only and two throttle cables. A complete set is 609. I was thinking $350 shipped to the lower 48 but if you are interested, find out how much this stuff would cost:

2 Custom Tuned Intake Manifolds
2 Genuine Mikuni Spigot Mounts
2 Pod Filters
Hardware
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

New Fuel Line and Brass “T” Splitter

I don't want to rip anyone off here so once you get a quote for that I'll adjust my price accordingly if it's out of line. I'd recommend sending this to Murray to have them cleaned and rebalanced just in case as I got them second hand. I Just don't need them sitting around the garage when someone could be putting them to use.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry the writing got diced up. This is the list of stuff you'll need:

2 Custom Tuned Intake Manifolds
2 Genuine Mikuni Spigot Mounts
2 Pod Filters
Hardware
New Fuel Line and Brass “T” Splitter

I don't want to rip anyone off here so once you get a quote for that I'll adjust my price accordingly if it's out of line. I'd recommend sending these to Murray to have them cleaned and rebalanced just in case as I got them second hand. I Just don't need them sitting around the garage when someone could be putting them to use.

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
it looks like someone has replaced the lower cables on that set I don't recall ever using grey cable lowers
if they are sent in I will clean and recalibrate them and swap the cable at that point for the new owner
also the pink mikuni overflow hoses are missing

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup definitely missing some stuff. Appreciate that Murray.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just wondering Murray, if these carbs were shipped to you, and made road ready again, what would be your charge? (hope I'm not out of line here) ... I would then ask for them to be shipped to sunny Ontario Canada. (kidding, it's raining for the next 5 days straight)
A

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might wanna shoot him a message. I can ask for us too. I don’t want these to go to waste so I’ll get ya hooked up

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well delete the post. No go on extra parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts