Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some rattle cans of Dupli-Color cliper paint on clearance today. I'm thinking that if it will work for calipers, it shoud also be good for my tank and side covers. Anyone know of any reason l should not use it for this application?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
If it's calliper paint it's more robust than normal rattle can but takes much longer to cure(A good couple of weeks) but dries reasonably normally(A day or more if possible) as it's normally synthetic oil based as opposed to Acrylic based.No reason at all not to use it anywhere you wish.Once applied you may get a reaction if you then use normal Acrylic based paint on top of it so stick to the same paint.

It is normally more resistant to fuel but can still mark if fuel or similar is left on it.

HTH

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've used the BBQ paint before and it works great. I was actually pricing the high temp stuff when I found the caliper paint on clearance. And your right Shep, it's not flat. If the cap is correct, it's semi-gloss or gloss.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
one thing about spraying paint....wow,it sends you away with the fairies,iv had 2 days spraying.......one bad head here

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya. I try to do as much as I can outside. But that doesn't always work if it's windy. If I have to paint in the garage I usually set up a box fan with a furnace filter attached to it to suck the fumes out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
spary paint does a good job of giving you a little buzz, but if you really want to have fun try using spray max 2k for your clear. I did my tank and side covers outside and still got lost trying to find my way to the front door!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.