Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has packed a MAC 2 into 1 exhaust megaphone with fibre glass or steel wool?

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
I haven't but it couldn't hurt since there's pretty much nothing in there but a baffle and shell. Packing mufflers is pretty simple.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I once packed a Kerker 4-into-1 muffler on a 1982 Nighthawk with fiberglass. For that, it was as simple as removing the endcap, sliding out the baffle, tying the fiberglass matt around the baffle, and putting it all back together. I got the packing from Dennis Kirk. I don't know how similar the Mac exhaust is to the Kerker,though. It did make the sound much more desirable for me (I prefer quieter exhaust noise).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I don't mind loud but without any packing it rings like crazy. I know you can pick up exhaust packing pretty cheap online so I'll probably go this route once I have some spare time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after looking at how the baffles are set up I'm really not sure I can pack this thing without running into problems later on. I may end up just replacing it with a better pipe all together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.