Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several years of reading and dreaming about attending the Pa Amish rally, I have realized at my age I will probably never make there. So.. with all the good folks in the Pac NW region, I'm wondering/spit balling the idea of our own rally/get together. It probably would not happen this year I'm sure. But I would love to set aside a week of my vacation to help make something happen. I am open to ideas from all
My family has a small spot of ground and cabin on Cascade Res. in west central Idaho just s. of McCall. We are about 100 yrs from the lake, with a dock (depending on water levels). There are several nice areas to ride. This is a potential place to use, provided the Boss ok's it. I understand it is not real close for the Seattle/Portland folks so I am open to other suggestions.

I guess my question is: Who would be interested/committed to attend, early Fall is great riding time in this area as temps start to drop. Please feel free to offer counter ideas or locations. Most of us will never attend the east coast HTTA rally

·
Registered
6,466 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Sounds like fun! But not this year. 479 miles from Carnation WA to Donelly. ID.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Several years ago we had 13 states represented among 21 attendees. Your states are larger than ours of course.. We draw from about 300-500 miles with a few logging longer distances. If you have an available cabin, make ralley from there. If not a cabin, then a campground will suffice and the location can be moved around.

·
Super Moderator
15,329 Posts
We are about 100 yrs from the lake, with a dock (depending on water levels).
100 years is a long time to wait for lake front property. Sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
When i started the Ottawa Canada CX/GL Rally back in 2009, i was kinda depressed at the low attendance (mine was the only CX there !!!!)
The late Gene McCall told me, just wait, they will come........And he was right :D
I have had CX/GL owners attend, from Germany,Boston,Wisconsin,Pennsylvania and of course Canada.
Yer never know, a good 5,000 mile round trip sounds good for me ;)

All The Best............Keith...........:cool:............

[h=1][/h]

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
When i started the Ottawa Canada CX/GL Rally back in 2009, i was kinda depressed at the low attendance (mine was the only CX there !!!!)
Besides a 500 Turbo, the Grub was the only CX500 at the Spring Ride this year. The GLs have taken over.

R

·
Super Moderator
15,329 Posts
Besides a 500 Turbo, the Grub was the only CX500 at the Spring Ride this year. The GLs have taken over.

R
It's not my fault the gl just makes carrying stuff so much easier with its saddle bags and trunk. And of course the larger 650 engine. But I still like my cx the most.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I've got one in the garage, now. Does that mean I'm getting old? 😟

Randall

1 - 14 of 14 Posts