Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month I was happy to host the first Pac/NW HTTA gathering at my my home in Idaho. While I consider it a mild success, I really want to see it grow and surpass the the east coast Amish rally with in a year or two. I know there are many TT riders from Bellingham to N Ca and all points in between.
My location is limited in space, so I am considering a different venue for next yr,

If you are seriously interested and have venue, ride ides please let me know.. Doug rode from the Spokane area to my place and still wanted more riding in the rain.

step up folks and give me some options/ideas

BTW we ate like kings thanks to @Lucaspreist

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", '83 GL650, '82 GL500 Project "AdventureWing", '79 CX500C, '78 CX500 Scrambler
10,116 Posts
I spotted an Amish buggy sign in western Wisconsin last month, and thought, "Hey, we could do an Amish Rally here!" If folks are up for tenting, there's a good campground near Spring Valley. Lovely hills in that area, too.

·
Registered
81 Gl500i 83 CX650E
1,785 Posts
Crush Covid and I'm there!!!

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's just something about seeing Nolimitz post "crush the amish!" that makes me chuckle! I'm all in! And I would LOVE to cook Korean food for more HTTA riders!!!!
Your on as cook. I have Aug. 22nd thru the 30th open for this
year.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I would love an excuse to ride out west. The main hurdle is the venue. If you can find a reasonably priced rental with good riding in the area, you're 80% there.
It's still incredible that Phil from VT found the cabin in Amish Country, no minimum charge, only $12 a head/night.
As we age, err, mature, yeah, that's it, I find that camping is not really something most seasoned citizens would go for. A place with lots of sleeping space and indoor plumbing, or maybe some cabins, even trailers would work, and keep the price down.

While dark clouds sometimes have silver linings, I wonder if a decent location can be had at a good price in some of the areas which are no longer booming because of the new energy policy?

As someone above said, make it happen!

Reactions: richnct
1 - 10 of 10 Posts