Honda CX 500 Forum banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Definitely CXPhreak, just need a vacation to AU and enjoy your summer after I quarantine...
Our winter isn't too bad, going to 71F (21.7C) here this afternoon while it is currently 32F (0C) out at 6:20am. Not quite painting weather...
Just have to get you to teach me how to paint that well while I visit and give you a hand to pay for the bother of teaching me some skills...
typical temps are in 60s this month... 60s and 50s in January. Will be hitting 90F some by April and definitely in May...
i have three tanks and two sets of side covers needing paint.
David

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Ow Ah! Shiny new paint ,something about a good paint excites me. Me Like.

Reactions: CXPHREAK

·
Super Moderator
21,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Definitely CXPhreak, just need a vacation to AU and enjoy your summer after I quarantine...
Our winter isn't too bad, going to 71F (21.7C) here this afternoon while it is currently 32F (0C) out at 6:20am. Not quite painting weather...
Just have to get you to teach me how to paint that well while I visit and give you a hand to pay for the bother of teaching me some skills...
typical temps are in 60s this month... 60s and 50s in January. Will be hitting 90F some by April and definitely in May...
i have three tanks and two sets of side covers needing paint.
David
90% is in the prep mate. Laying paint is the easy part.

I've been thinking of selling a tank or two with custom paint since many don't seem to use sidecovers now.

I like doing custom paint more than replica stock type stuff.

Always happy to help.

·
Super Moderator
21,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Ow Ah! Shiny new paint ,something about a good paint excites me. Me Like.
This should look really nice once rubbed out, striped and clearcoated.

I have a couple of drum brake plates I'm cleaning up at the moment and likely will finish tonight or tomorrow night. After that the paint should be cured enough for further work.

The longer you leave acrylic to harden the better the finish though when I lackeyd in paint shops years ago we would be doing it within a couple of hours quite often.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hey how are the bikes since it is summer there again??
Fellow I know in Melbourne from SOHC4 forums has been pissing and moaning about the heat and rain already, not much, I just give him crap about it... he is a machine on cranking out the rebuild and restores...He does a nice job painting as well.
It isn’t fun riding in hot weather AGATT, which is only way I ride...

·
Super Moderator
21,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
The bikes are happy enough David but we haven't seen the real hot weather yet like last year when it was stinking by this time. {This time last year a lot of Oz was on fire}.

Will be beginning to stripe this tonight now that I've finished the couple of sets of hand controls I decided to do while waiting for the 2 mm striping mask to arrive .... which arrived a day or so after I began the controls contrary to the tracking ...

The M4 x 5 mm screws for the fuel tank filler cover were just delivered. Stainless this time .

181 - 191 of 191 Posts