Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just back from a week long trip to the Arkansas Ozarks.

Had a great time, found some great roads.

You can read more and see some pics by clicking on the link below my bike pictures.

It is a blog so the last day shows up first. Read it in order by scrolling down to day 1.

Thanks.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hi guys, just back from a week long trip to the Arkansas Ozarks.

Had a great time, found some great roads.

You can read more and see some pics by clicking on the link below my bike pictures.

It is a blog so the last day shows up first. Read it in order by scrolling down to day 1.

Thanks.

Nice ride report, Wayne. I see that you got a taste of that bad weather we had moving through the state on the 20th in Missouri. I have also been to some of the places in Iowa you mentioned, including John Wayne's boyhood home. Forgot that it was in Winterset - thanks for the reminder. And a thank you for the routes mentioned - I will keep them in mind next time I head down to Northwest Arkansas.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Came right through and didn't even stop... I see where I rate!!

~Thom

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Came right through and didn't even stop... I see where I rate!!

~Thom

LOL, sorry man. I have to admit, I forgot all about ya!

In my defense, I still think of you as a Duluth guy.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wayne, an excellent trip report! Sounds like you guys had a great trip and really enjoyed yourselves. Looks like someone is missing a bet by not converting that old building into a home. Bet the structure is still sound!

Gene

Interesting idea, Gene, but it would take a ton of money. You could probably build two new houses for the same dollars. But it is a very neat old dairy out in the middle of nowhere. I found it interesting that someone is mowing the grass around it. That shows that somebody cares.

The other pic on that page of the old school house is also interesting. It is apparent that someone has put some money into that building. The roof and trim paint is new. But, as you can see, windows and doors are boarded up and the grass is waist high. It looked to me that someone started fixing it but ran short of funds. Or, maybe he is just taking his time..?

Thanks for the kind words,

wayne

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Wayne,

Now that you were on a longer trip with the K75, which bike do you like better for touring ... the GL650 or the K75???

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wayne,

Now that you were on a longer trip with the K75, which bike do you like better for touring ... the GL650 or the K75???

Thanks for asking Dave, to me it really still is a toss up. The BMW performed wonderfully well on the trip but I'm sure the Honda would have done fine as well. I think the long, high mileage days are easier on the BMW probably because of the better seat and smoother engine. It really is what I wanted, a mid-size tourer just like my SilverWing only newer. But I really can't say there is a night and day difference between the two bikes. They are very, very similar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts