Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a letter from the state of Ohio stating the average selling price for my 1978 CX500 (non runner currently in pieces btw) is $9,576.00!!! Isn't that amazing? Not only that, they think i owe them $745.51 in sales tax or I could be fined $1,000 or spend 6 months in prison. Once word of this gets around we should see the prices of our bikes start to soar! See attached excerpt from the letter below.

tax2.jpg

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crazy, right!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I had a fantastic surprise email once - apparently I'd won the first prize of $2,000,000 in the Nigerian state lottery (despite them not using dollars and me not even having bought a ticket...). It only needed me to send them $2000 via Western Union to release the funds for me to become a millionaire. As I don't do dollars, I missed out on that one...what a bugger. :confused:

$9,576? Are they having a laugh? Where did they get that from? :LOL:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$9,576? Are they having a laugh? Where did they get that from?
Very good question, I thought that myself. I went online to the ohio tax site as instructed and plead my case, still waiting to see the outcome. Talk about jackbooted thugery...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you have tickets for a red tape dance and debacle.
Yeah, still waiting to hear back. It's quite maddening they have the time and resources to hassle the little guy over a 42 year old MC that doesn't even run. I could see if it was a fairly new car or MC that was listed as not paying anything but this? Come on... 🤬

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, if they'd give me even a 1/3 of that it's theirs!!! :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dfresh tell them i have 19 cxs and 14 gls my wife would like to sell them
exactly, where are they getting their numbers from?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is from the Hagerty site (which seems high too). Show me someone who's getting these prices?

hagerty.JPG

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Perhaps they are looking at ebay, and see the silly prices the cafe racer butchers are asking (but then not checking to see what they are actually selling for, that is, if they do actually get sold at any price).

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
D-Fresh, Ohio is a fine state to live as long as you don't have to work there, buy anything there, or get divorced there. You should move to Minnesota. On second thought, Minnesota sucks too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My insurer's renewal for this year arrived today with the CX Agreed Value rising from $A4961 to $A5209.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is from the Hagerty site (which seems high too). Show me someone who's getting these prices?

View attachment 198961
I'm on Oregon, but when my car got totalled the insurance company took a look at my car to assess the condition. They then looked up all the recent sales of cars that were my make and model in the area in the last few months or year or whatever. They found an average, adjusted for the quality of my car, and paid me based on that. Your state should be more than capable of finding out what people who buy CX's are paying in the past year since those records are given to them every time a title is transfered.

Unless some idiot bought one for 10000 bucks for some stupid reason than they should stuff it. Even then that kind of high sale should be thrown out of the average making since it's not par for the course.

That said, I am surprised how much people want for a CX that hasn't even had a triple bypass or even an ignitech installed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts