Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you look at the exhaust on my recently acquired bike you will notice that the exhaust letters are orange. However, all the pics of this bike tell me they should be black. Anybody seen this on other biks? or is this a mode by the first owMy link

·
Registered
842 Posts
The shield should be black satin and the raised letters bare metal. Also the muffler end caps should not be painted.

Luckily that looks like the only odd things a previous owner did to the bike.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I noticed that his subtitle states "1982 Honda 500CX Turbo, all original, rare." I would not consider the bike to be "all original" in light of the mufflers. Hopefully that's the only modification that he did to the bike? Is the bike in your possession yet?

I also noticed that from 2,025 USD on you were bidding against someone with a feedback rating of -1. Hopefully they were a legitimate bidder who would have paid for the bike had they won it.

When I sell on eBay I block buyers who: have received 2 Unpaid item Strike(s) within 12 month(s), and/or have 4 Policy violation report(s) within 6 month(s)

and/or have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1. I figure this protects me a seller from the potential hassle of a non-paying bidder, and it also helps those who are bidding on my auction to know that they are bidding against legitimate, well rated eBay users and a result they can bid with confidence.

·
Registered
762 Posts
If the stator truly was replaced already then that is one less thing (and expense) to worry about. Its a little more than I would have paid for the bike without being able to inspect it in person first. If the bike is in as nice shape as the seller described and doesn't need any work at all then it was probably a reasonable buy. Better with this bike then one for much cheaper that needs a lot of work and parts, especially given your location and potential challenge/expense of sourcing parts.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thats a releif. I spoke with the owner and asked him about the exhause. He swears that he did not change the mufflers or modify them. Thats the way they came he states. Titles is listed as one owner bike. Makes you wonder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts