Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not original but I'm almost tempted to put those SilverWing badges on my side covers instead of the CX500 Custom decals. I wish there was room for both as I really like the SilverWing badges. The only problem is it would defeat my purpose f restoring it to perfectly stock condition.

Anyone else have an opinion?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, they were just very attractive as are the original '78 side covers that had an solid emblem attached to them.

I've already got Theo decals and true, my intent was to restore this to what it looked like when it was new.

Guess I'll stick to original, that means the only variations are going to be:

1) Paint color

2) won't have all the fancy pinstripe decals on the tank or sides

3) will have a fork brace and a windshield

Funny deal on the sides, I had an extra tank and an extra set of sides so I was going to make up one set in blue and another in red then change them from time to time to see how many people noticed. Turned out my extra tank was totally shot after I cleaned all the rust out of it, some had gone so far that when I started to strip the paint from it a huge hole turned up. At least the tank that came with the bike is rock solid with no visible rust at all.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Naw, do like the teenagers do and put a "Type R" sticker on there, it supposedly adds 100 HP.

In actuality theres a ton of things one could add, in fact you could honestly put a 4 valves per cylinder type sticker on there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.