Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kinda crappy

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking about making a sissy bar out of a piece of rebar that i have laying around. i'm not an enormous fan of sissy bars, i don't even fully understand their function. so i put it to all of you. i ms paint shopped what it would look like.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I like it alot but the way it looks... it will definatly need a good rake to follow the same line... longer forks too level it out when you're done

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
hmm i am not to sure bro part of me says its cool but another part is like no way......are you ever going to ride 2 up? and if so what are you going to do for a rear seat?? thats how i would look at it i ride 2 up thats why i have the sissy bar

but hey man i also say do what you want its your bike

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
hmm i am not to sure bro part of me says its cool but another part is like no way......are you ever going to ride 2 up? and if so what are you going to do for a rear seat?? thats how i would look at it i ride 2 up thats why i have the sissy bar

but hey man i also say do what you want its your bike

maybe it's just the look he wants... besides... I know someone else who was making stuff from rebar.......

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
ha ha but if you would of read what he said about how he feels about sissy bars then you would under stand why i said what i said so there miss lets start the day over again haha

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm not diggin' it. For me it would be all form with no function. To be fair though, I'm not really a chopper type of guy. I have no doubt you would a nice job though, and probably make me eat my words!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
ha ha but if you would of read what he said about how he feels about sissy bars then you would under stand why i said what i said so there miss lets start the day over again haha

so maybe it IS about the look.. and yes, having a drink now not wanting to start that hellish day over- GLAD it's over! Fixing mistakes of someone who doesn't care about their work, had to call for an ambulance first thing after getting to work- more stuff there that irritates me... people who have no business in the middle of everything- same said people wanting to change my procedures, realizing they won't win the disagreement with me because my rules have to come from my boss.... more issues, more b.s....

and still no bike. Resisting the urge to call the guy about my bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,400 Posts
I say no.

It looks to awkward. Almost annoys me.

A sissybar is something that holds your chick on so she doesn't fall off if she's to afraid to grab you. Yours would be more like a recliner. In your case I would probably go with what I'll call a large grab rail. Similar to the sissy bar but 8 inches or so above the seat.

·
Registered
511 Posts
If the bar wern't too long, was in line with the pipes, and was chromed, it would be really cool. You could strap a guitar to it in the case if it didn't get burned from the top pipe. Do it!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
A sissybar is something that holds your chick on so she doesn't fall off if she's to afraid to grab you.

I say it's like a jetski.... Hang on tight -if I'm fallin off due to the driving, so is the jerkface who was driving that way

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would not put a sissy bar on. I would shorten the exhaust by ten inches and put a nice bolonga cut on them. And for the rear fender I would put a stumpy one on there. A nice rounded one.

But it's ur bike and u let if build itself the way u want it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
How come I can't vote? It won't let me.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Not bad. little long though, try to shorten it a bit i made a sissy bar for the cx500 over the weekend looks pretty good,will have to post pics man sometimes after work i am lazy and forgetful then forgetful some more lmao

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i dont know why it wouldnt let you vote. i just voted to see what was wrong. i'm not going to do a sissy bar. the only practical purpose i would have for it is to mount a back pack. i got bigger problems to worry about with the bike now but i was just bored at work and thought i would tinker with mspaint. thanks for the input everyone. the rebar will have to go to another use. i originaly thought of making the bike a jockey shift and using that as the bar to connect to the original shift lever on the trans. but like i said i have bigger problems with the bike now to worry about extra projects.

·
Registered
151 Posts
When you get thru with your more pressing issues, I think a sissy bar would look good on this bike. Just not the one you have drawn up. Make it about half as long and decrease the rake on it, maybe to just like 80 degrees. The anti-flow of that angle will make your fork rake seem longer and make your pipes seem more angled.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well, I'm not much of a chopper guy anyway... Personally, I think sissy bars are for sissies

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i got my bigger issue figured out last night so now the bike will at least start. if i make one i'll make a really short one just for my gear bag / backpack. i might even remount my tail light to it. STILL waiting for front brake light switch i ordered over a week ago and the part was in stock.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.