Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Oops... What's missing here?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  mnd 
#1 ·
So I installed a new Master Cylinder from a new-ish Gizexxer750... 14mm Banjo, Bolts right up and the Honda Lever inter-married the Zuki Part. ( proof that god loves idiots) now,Fed and Bled, the"Deuce" Stops on a dime. The Brake works great for stopping, but something is missing. I are a idiot sometimes

First one to figure out what's missing can have my old MC. (Master Cylinder -not my bike)

I'll send it to you for parts? and pay post... even to Reg in Bristol.

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
We have a winner! actually all of the observations are correct. I need to replace the missing screw I had to extract, have not installed the switch... and Shep gets the prize for noticing that I cannot install a mirror on this MC. Anyone got any ideas for how I might install a ( sorta conventional) mirror short of getting another Master Cyl.

DOH!!!
laugh amongst yourselves

#7 ·
well you could get the clip on style of mirrors those should work and i think you might spend around 20 to 30 bucks for a pair

#11 ·
I think it's Shep's second guess -- the mirror mount.

R

EDIT: Oops, looks like there was a lot of activity while this thread sat open in my browser.

#12 ·
I think you're a bit screwed unless you get the bar end mirrors. The single mirror mounting bracket would be nice but I don't think you will have the room. You must have snagged that off a bike with fairing mirrors.

If you had a tig welder and gutted the mc first you could build up a mount to drill and tap but that's a lot of work depending on skill and materials available.

#13 ·
Yeah, it's a dillema. I don't like where the "meat" is on this one is, so Drilling and tapping is a non issue. I think I may try to reverse the handle bolt and Build it up with an adaptor or just go ... ughhh, backwards.

I had no idea there were so many mirror options, thanks for the links etc all. Bike night in NOLA tonight, just got home tired from a long day an.... zzzzzzzzz!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.