Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up today thinking something was odd and it took a bit to figure out what it was but it didn't seem good. Today is the 1 year anniversary of Thomas Hesse's fatal motorcycle accident. Sure Cobram worked hard at trying to get details from the Boston PD with no luck but either way Tom took his last mortal ride ride on his Cx500.

Tom wasn't really here for all that long but in the time he was he really put a ton of effort into figuring out the cx. And had dreams of a perfectly tuned fuel injected beast.

Try to take a moment today to ride, wrench or even think about motorcycles in memory of Tom.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Will do.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

thoughts go his family today

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys.

It's always a shame to lose people but even a bigger shame to forget them.

I still have a few items left over from what his mother and father dropped off at my place last year. I'll probably try to incorporate at least one of those items into my cx650 just to know that a little piece of him rides on.

I ended up installing a set of his wheel bearings into the Supertanker and I took a walk around where he went to college today.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hang in there Stitch. It surely is tough to go through--I think its great what you did with your 650. Thanks for remembering though, and sharing a bit of his dream.

I plan to run through the tappets tonight and take the bike for a quick run all the while remembering Thomas Hesse--may he rest in peace.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Well, I rode about 60 miles today, so, to Tom.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
It's a sad day when this kind of thread is made, hopefully we won't have to start another one for somebody else. Stay safe out there everybody.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
It's a sad day when this kind of thread is made, hopefully we won't have to start another one for somebody else. Stay safe out there everybody.

Yes, it is hard enough to lose someone, but when it is someone so young it is even worse. A sad time for his family.

It would have been cool if Tom could have figured out a mod for a fuel injected system for the CX.

R.I.P

1 - 11 of 11 Posts