Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
hmm i wonder how well that really works

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I'd be interested to see actually crash test trials.  Also, I wonder how hard it is to put on, and if it works at all temps?  This has to win best title for a thread!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
It looks like a good thing for bass fishing off a motorcycle... or "riding on water"

A 31kg pull while dismounting at bike night might be good for a laugh as well...

"inadvertant inflation" and the metal images it brings, will keep me away from the airbag suit...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
IF it worked you would see it in Pro Racing. So look for parts of it there first, then "trickle down" to the street. My two cents.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
ScrapMetal brings up a valid point - IF it worked you would see it in Pro Racing

Sometimes (actually more often than not) you've got to think outside the box rather than believe all the hype no matter how good it sounds. Take for instance the magnet that clamps on your fuel line and gives you 10% better mpg - if it worked don't you think all the auto manufacturers would include one?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
The manufacturers have set themselves up for a honkin' law suit. They "guarantee safety and security" for all bike riders? There are far too many variables to make a claim like that. ANY injury to a person wearing the device will bring the sharks out of the woodwork for sure.

·
Registered
385 Posts
FWOG. I don't know anything about the Australian torts system but it is not the usa's so I bet they have different precedents. Also all they have to do is say read the manual and poof most of the liability is gone as long as it is not defective. And even if it is defective, is it because of user treatment?

I don't know though... that is my first take at it though.

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
984 Posts
Dainese motorcycle suit.[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9Vlt5tGwY&feature=player_embedded[/media]

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Tony G:

Yup, just watched the Estoril MotoGP and they were discussing how Lorenzo was saved during a practice run by his suit with air bag. So I guess it is being "tested". Good catch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts