Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at sources for some MC seat covers for GL500I seats, and noticed that there was one being offered which showed a one piece seat (maybe FleaBay, I should have saved the address.)

Wondering if these was just an error by the vendor, or can a one piece seat be installed on the GL's. A one piece seat can be made much more comfy on a rebuild than the original two piece seat can.

Worth losing the trunk for me, plus I can load much more on a sissy bar and rack than could ever fit in the original trunk.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
There are several seat cover vendors who show any seat cover, but have them specifically two piece covers for the GL.

JC Whitney, for one, is that way.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yes, what David said. I too have noticed that ebay seller's will have any picture posted but it is not what they are selling for your specific bike.

there is no such thing as a one piece GL seat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have one coming from a seller (part of a package deal with faring and such) that is a single seat. I'll let you know when it arrives and I can get a look at it, but it does look like one from a CB750.

My link

Wayne S

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'm going to need seat covers for my GL500I and a cover for the backrest pad on the trunk. Anyone have experioence with a good source. I don't want to buy somnething that's not going to last.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm going to need seat covers for my GL500I and a cover for the backrest pad on the trunk. Anyone have experioence with a good source. I don't want to buy somnething that's not going to last.

Blindstich, This could be an opportunity for you. I'd buy one if you sewed them up.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

I have a Travelcade seat cover on my GL650, and it has been very durable, showing little if any wear in 30,000 miles. The cover was on my bike when I bought it. This is one vendor: Travelcade seat covers

Saddleman also makes one, but I have no experience wit theirs saddleman

This is the only pic I have showing any detail of the Travelcade seat cover: BTW I have modified the foam on this seat to include a gel pad and memory foam. Also I have replaced the small red and black connector with another more suitable jack type (these are for my heated gear)

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
Blindstich, This could be an opportunity for you. I'd buy one if you sewed them up.

That's ok. I don't have a sewing machine that can handle the fabric or the room to put one. Currently I hand sew everything. And should work over my current seat some.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Mr Softie, How'd those mods to the foam work out as far as improved comfort? Any old pics from the mod? Sounded interesting.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Mr Softie, How'd those mods to the foam work out as far as improved comfort? Any old pics from the mod? Sounded interesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts