Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a series of possible suspects but i dont know where to start?

recently i re-jetted my carbs, and it runs better. but the whole time ive owned this bike it seems like it almost (skips) an ignition this is occuring at any speed but its more noticeable when im not accelerating and even more so when i am at an idle. my grandpa says it might be that the carburetter sync is off. ive replaced the cdi, and im pretty sure my mechanical timing is alright. this engine was seized, i had to wrench the access bolt to free it up. dont know if that messed with the timing. also on the carbs i cant free up a screw. i dont know what its called, but there is one per each carb and its a flat head screw ,and it sits out side of the bowl on the intake side of the carb.

i can ride the bike just fine it just sounds horrible.

thanks shorty,

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
i have a series of possible suspects but i dont know where to start?

recently i re-jetted my carbs, and it runs better. but the whole time ive owned this bike it seems like it almost (skips) an ignition this is occuring at any speed but its more noticeable when im not accelerating and even more so when i am at an idle. my grandpa says it might be that the carburetter sync is off. ive replaced the cdi, and im pretty sure my mechanical timing is alright. this engine was seized, i had to wrench the access bolt to free it up. dont know if that messed with the timing. also on the carbs i cant free up a screw. i dont know what its called, but there is one per each carb and its a flat head screw ,and it sits out side of the bowl on the intake side of the carb.

i can ride the bike just fine it just sounds horrible.

thanks shorty,
WOW,must be a pmt month.

where to start.............

first put your location and your bikes details,year and model into your your signiture line,....then,why did you rejet?...what work have you done?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
alright got it, anyone have any advice
no one has a clue which bike/model /year you have,its a good idea to put it in your signiture line...there are big differences between years that are relevant to your problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.