Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,727 Posts
The older I get, the harder it gets to lift a motor off the bench and down to the floor jack! With all these guesses of the weight for a CX500 motor, I decided to put a fully assembled motor, with carbs, no radiator or oil in it on the scale. Now we all know why it's a chore to lift one!

The proof is on the scale!

That's in pounds BTW the way.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
I was trying to remember what a 35# free weight disc felt like, and I didn't think an engine was even two of those. Of course, the free weights were 35 years ago, and I probably couldn't have lifted a CX engine at 15.
Don't worry about the weight, wem. With the right tools, you can handle it.

Randall

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the definitive answer! Sixty pounds seemed low to me, I was wondering how the whole bike would add up to 450+ pounds. The CL ad has been deleted, so I'm sure the project has a new home.

By the way, I clicked on the carb cleaning book link in your signature. Is all the photography in the book as professional as the cover photo? I've seen a few books that advertised "clear" full-color "illustrations" when the sample pages just showed pretty amateur photos that were totally unclear to me.

The proof is on the scale!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts