1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
264 Posts
Amazing! Hard to imagine that an engineer thought all that up and made those castings and prints for the machine work. To design what size the jets and passages need to be and the angles inside where the air flows through. Then you know it didn’t just work right off the bat and they had to make changes. But to know what changes and how much in what area. to make such an intricate casting…..It is hard just to learn how it works and keep it working the way it was intended let alone build it from scratch. My hat is truly off to the Honda motor company.

·
Registered
264 Posts
ah so the slow jet has the spring looking thing around it, right to the left of the 78 jet

umm. i think that is the pilot screw. it adjusts how much fuel is allowed into the air flowing into the engine at idle. if you follow it back to where it gets it's fuel i think that is the slow jet. not positive though.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
sorry im about to buy the oem jets. are they worse then the official keihins or is there no difference

Some say the quality is less on the $3 jets but I use them just fine.

Your answer has always been to get 2 #90 main jets and 2 #120 main jets. Forget the other stuff.

But take the emulsion tube out and make sure all the holes are clear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.