Honda CX 500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ok finally getting back to this engine. Front end is done and all taken care of. Went to install rear cover and the final drive shaft does not want to slide into the bearing? It came off fine? If I force the cover on there is big time resistance tryiny to turn the shaft. any thoughts? I popped the bearing and cant find any issues there. the shaft appears to be clean?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Definitely would like to here the reason for the issue when you get around to it.

Reactions: f104wart

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Stretch a sheet of fine sand paper over the flattest rigid substrate you have (many recommend plate glass, but I think a piece of MDF would work), and rub the mating surface on it until it's uniform.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
If I remember correctly, the thermostat sits on that ledge. The o-ring fits in a groove in the cover, and is pressed against the flat surface here. Neither of those gouges looks like it would circumvent the o-ring.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Getting much closer to completion, But I would love to find a water pipe from radiator to water pump in decent/great condition. most on the bay look like junk/rusted. If anyone has a good one please let me know.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Getting much closer to completion, But I would love to find a water pipe from radiator to water pump in decent/great condition. most on the bay look like junk/rusted. If anyone has a good one please let me know.
I have one for you. Let me double check the condition but I believe it’s perfect.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Many thanks to all who posted advice. Got it mostly done today after moths of diddling around.
Just waiting on a few parts, But every gasket, O-ring, seal is now done. waiting on an order from Murray for a seal/storage kit. She is a bit dusty and my paint job is only so-so
Special thanks to those below
Rebuilt the air dam today thanks to MobileAzn and Doug is sending a water pipe. Will post a few photos tomorrow if the wife's car is of the way; Thanks again to all
Maybe now I can get to the honey do list? Ha (not)

41 - 60 of 66 Posts