Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so yea my petcock works n all that, but my bowls arent filling up. im going to take the carbs apart tomorrow (Or tonight) Is there anything in particular i should be looking for?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
make sure there are no kinks in the fuel line

open the petcock and then undo the drain screw on one of the carbs - fuel should flow out - if no fuel take the fuel hose off the carbs or the tank and make sure it is clear..

have you got enough fuel in the tank?

is the tank clean of debris at the bottom or clogged ??

do you only get fuel flow on reserve ??

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
One time I had gas residue hold the fuel needles shut but the bike sat for years.

Did you open up the bowl drain screw to see if there was gas in there? No new gas will flow in if there is gas.

After that all that can really keep gas from getting to the engine is a clogged jet.

Carbs can be a pain in the ass to remove and put back on so take your time.

http://globalcxglvtwins.hostingdelivered.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=545

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea no fuel in the bowls chcked all that, its not even going through my fuel filter, but when i take the hose connected to the car off it flows outwhen i connect it again NADA im taking it apart, was it you blind sitch that told me about the 2 jets? 78 and 112?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Take the gas cap off. Now do you have fuel? Sometimes the breather hole in the cap gets clogged and will make a vacuum in the tank.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
this is an odd thread.

fuel in the tank--------------------yes

petcock releasing fuel...............yes

fuel line, petcock to carb clear......yes

float valve needle stuck closed.......possible

op.can you drop a carb bowl,? and have a look?

edit...air lock in filter or pipe?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Another possibility I have encountered is a clogged float chamber vent. If no air can escape from the float chamber then even with floats down and needles open no fuel can flow into the bowl. If you encounter any problems with your carbs don’t even piss around like I did blowing a little air or cleaning one hole out
. Clean them right the first time with the ultrasonic cleaning sink and the methods described here on the site
. The Cv carbs are a bitch if they are not right on the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts