Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only ordered 25 but that way I only had to pay 0.95 each + the shipping to me.

I eventually plan to make a small plug in module built from these but time is limited with the other stuff I've got going on which is far more important to the community as a whole.

If anyone needs one of just the IC don't hesitate to drop me an e-mail. I figure what with my costs, proper anti-static packing to stand up to USPS and postage (not to mention the driving) I'd sell the IC by itself for $2.50 shipped. I realize the 7805 + green LED solution works fine but it can have some problems as far as regulation accuracy with temperature, these will not.

http://www.innoengr.com/CX500/regulator_assembly.doc

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Running low on parts again but still have a fair amount until I order again.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally more bubble wrap envelopes arrived today! Still low on parts though. :-(

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the poor edit, down to 5 ICs now.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$1 extra from what I see for one or two kits = $6.50 for one or $9.50 for two. If you want want more I'll have to go weight them.

Postage rates changed, request new quotes for any international.

·
Super Moderator
23,713 Posts
Thanks Marshall, $9 for 2 sounds good,--- unless some of the fellers on the Oz forum would like to do a group buy.

How many of these things do you have on hand?

Also, I'm a bit unclear on this, but are they kits or complete units?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just kits with instruction sheets enough to assemble, group buys are fine. I'll figure a few out tomorrow,

Too easy to assemble on your own and I can get parts in a matter of days

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Considering I'm making almost nothing already I can send 25 kits for $114 to one address via Priority Mail or $5.50 First Class to individual addresses provided I can get a qty of at least 25.

If you can handle 100 kits that would come down to $314 to the same address via Priority Mail or $5.25 to individual addresses via First Class mail.

Shoot, start your own business. :)

qty 500 would be quite a bit cheaper as well as the only real discounts I get is on the ICs.

I can also provide the parts in bulk and let you pack them, along with the files on how to properly pack them as well as the files you need to print and include as well. These fit about a decade of various Honda bikes.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still have plenty of these in stock if anyone needs one.

Variable speed fan controller project is getting much closer, almost a month deaing with the Dr's and hospitals this month put another kink in getting things finalized and I really need to get them done as I'm going to need one for my bike before I put it back on the road since I already converted it to an electric fan.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've found a much easier method of construction so I'll be adding a couple of parts and updating the instructions, hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. Price won't change at all.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would like to purchase 2 if possible harbri

$6.50 for one kit or $9.50 for two kits, includes First Class postage to anywhere in the US, write for international rates as shipping will be higher. Matter of fact I didn't notice the postage increase last month and a few probably arrived as postage due, since I'm not really making anything on these I had to up the price by 0.50 to what's listed above.

My PayPal address is different from my forum address, just send the appropriate amount to: [email protected] and I'll ship same or the next business day after.

Does this replace the regulator in the headlight bucket?

Yes, this is a kit used to make up a replacement for the 7v regulator that's usually in the headlight housing and causes about 95% of all temperature gauge problems. It comes with a TRUE 7807 7V regulator IC, a clip on heat sink and the 4 capacitors considered to be necessary for proper IC stability. It also includes an instruction sheet but you provide the enclosure, an old pill bottle or 35mm film can is plenty big enough. You re-use the wires/connectors off your old regulator.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got the regulator working today,i did hock it up not right the frist time,i hocked up the out lead on the #1 lead on the IC and the 12 volt in on the # 3 lead,you might want to stress this direction in the instrution sheet for others so they dont make my error .Thanks for the kit nice to have the gauge working.Harbri

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.