Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious, is the Napa Gold 1217 still available?

Saw a few posts about it, mostly the reference chart here of compatible oil filters, but threads are from 3yrs ago.

Went to Google, Napa.com and eBay and searched "Napa 1217" and didn't find anything and "1217 Filter" brought up transmission filters for cars. Not finding the Purolator ML16807's either.

I saw a lot of posts against using FRAM, even a video of someone peeing on one. Not sure about WIX, never used them before. Likely go for K&N because the only one I know of... but just wondered about the Napa.

EDIT - Does the WIX make the Napa Gold? From what I'm reading they do, as well, WIX is supposedly very good. Hard to believe since can buy 2 for the price of 1 FRAM/K&N.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, so the part number from the old threads have changed for the NAPA then?

Probably buy the WIX then since eBay has them sold in pairs for about $19. Being in Canada, cheap Amazon prices don't exist here like in the USA. :S

·
Registered
400 Posts
I found these to be worth doing and have one in my GL650 and PC800. They are $39.95 (free shipping) from several ebay sellers. When you change oil, you pop out the filter and put it in a small [glass] pickle jar with some gas. Shake well (but not too hard) and the filter comes out clean ready to go. I dump the gas into the lawn mower. They offer superior filtering and after 10 oil changes, the filter has paid for it self.

Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
ATTN: CX650 Owners (C,E and Turbo)

All other sources show that all the CX Family use the same oil filter - but Wix show a different part number for the 650 series. I suspect that the difference is in the 'O'ring but ..............check it out before you spend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts