Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've opened this thread to discuss the implementation of a chat program on here. I was wondering if anybody else thought of this idea. it would be a cool idea.

that way we could talk to each other in real time I think it would be a blast.

Let's vote and ask one of the mods to see if they can make this happen for us. I know I am all for it.

maybe like a box on the bottom of the screen with all of us that are on here connected to it and wesee the text in real time.
Let me know what you guys think.

thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Something as simple as this. If you are reading this post, click link below. If this works like I think it should, I will make a new post with this link in it so people can connect and chat In real time. And I will see if a moderator can sticky it for easy access. Then, boom! Easiest way for us to have a free chat. Ill be on the chat for a while. Look forward to seeing you guys on there.!

http://motorcyclechatrooms.com

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
This topic has come up before. As I understand it, the forum software (VSBulletin) does have an on-board Chat program, but it has never been used. This discussion has always died on the vine

Edit, I am not opposed, but Moderators cannot effect this setup; It is an Administrator function.

·
Super Moderator
15,398 Posts
I don't think it's necessary with all the chat functions today. Most people have phones with text messaging, facebook messenger, snapchat, ..... If you want to talk to someone so bad why not just share your connection there.

If I need a reply from someone I know has the information I'll just email them. If i'm desperate I'll call them.

·
Registered
969 Posts
It would be a bit difficult for moderators to monitor live chat. PM-ing for phone numbers can put you in touch "live" if need be.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Look I do not have an ATM card, or a tweet account, or Facebook, what the hell is snapchat? Text messages are a a PITA. My thumbs are to big to hit those little keys.
If chat is simple to implement here then why not. Some of you old timers are "sticks in the mud".
I don't know your phone number and I don't need to know it.
By the way I am not amused by the OP's screen name, but even so I have to think ifit is easy, why not.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with fat boy. Understand that not everything needs to be watched by mods. We have a good community here. I would like to see this chat plugin at work. Nothing said on there is stored on the internet anyway. Posting is more likely to get ppl in trouble. Plus, chatting is faster and little personal info is needed (fb, phone numbers, etc. ..) some people type better than they can talk anyhow. Could the mods bring this easy to do thing up to the admins please? Sometimes it is nice to say hi to all the ppl In real-time. If someone doesn't like what is being said, they could simply ignore the chat interface. Are we not all adults? P.s. I happen to Love and live my screen name. Are we not all living the light and the dark? Anyhow, in a nutshell, lets get this thing going.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts