Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok all Pac NW CX/GL fans. I am starting the first (that I know of) Pac/NW HTTA rally/ride this year. So far there are only a few committed members And we will begin staging the event at our modest cabin location south of Donnelly Id. This is a very popular vacation area and we have selected the week of Sept 20 to run thru possibly 9-25. This is an off-season time of year and traffic should be low. Generally this is a very nice time of year weather wise in west central Idaho. Mild day time temps and very little rain. It is my favorite time of the year to stay at our place..We are at about 4800 ft in elevation

We are about 150 yards from Cascade Lake and have private beach access in our subdivision. The lake will be very low at this time but the beach is sandy and quite. Spouse's are welcome. My non-riding wife may be there a few days as well? She loves to hike the Mnts w/ her dog if so inclined.

The town of McCall is about 15 miles north with many hotels, motels etc. There are many camping areas and RV parks in the area as well if this really blows up population wise (we have limited space). The town of Cascade is about 10 miles south. If you are interested please reply here or by PM

So far we have attending
Myself, my son (riding) and maybe my daughter (2 gl500's)
Luke from Boise (CX 500C)
MobileAzn (CX Café build)
DouginEasternWashington (GL500)

·
Registered
728 Posts
  • I had a delivery trip to Thompson Falls Mt a number of yrs ago. The recipient of the delivery explained how a break in the mountains allowed the ocean breeze to keep his town about 10 degrees above area temps in the winter. Maybe the same for Mcall, Id?

·
Registered
799 Posts
  • I had a delivery trip to Thompson Falls Mt a number of yrs ago. The recipient of the delivery explained how a break in the mountains allowed the ocean breeze to keep his town about 10 degrees above area temps in the winter. Maybe the same for Mcall, Id?
September is Winter?

·
Registered
728 Posts
In some areas of the country, yes, set can be wintery The area I was referring to; Thompson falls, mt is probably 50 miles from Idaho or less. Its northwest of missoula. The mt range east of thompson river is the canadian rockies and Glacier nat park I think its called.

Anyhow, in vt, at Rich Nicols fall rally in later sept, the temp has gotten below freezing and it has snowed drom the photos Ive seen.
Just hoping you have good, weather for your first rendevoux.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a sister in law just out side of Glacier park, and yes the weather in in July can be tricky to say the least.... She is in Whitefish Mt. Rocky Mountain weather changes every 10 mins it seems. But you get use to it (or adapt)

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Would there be electricity to run a sleep apnea machine???

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes sir we have power, running water, all facilities except phone, cable and internet. cell coverage is fair, but pockets of dead spaces through out the county while riding.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
David,
I am on a Resmed machine. I bought the 12V adapter and have a couple different portable batteries, in addition to heavy AGM batteries I use in a blackout at home (I can charge them with my solar panels or the gasoline generator.) You can also run a long cord and plug into a cigarette socket in a car.

This is a trolling box I have a 110ah 12v AGM battery in. I have it hooked up to my 12v auxilary D.C. pump computer, that keeps it charged. This is for blackouts. I think lilghtening hit a transformer last night and my CPAP was out for a bout 2 seconds but came back on. I thought I might have to get this out of the basement.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so I'm still good with this idea for some rides. I admit I'm winging it at this point but could be a good time if the temps start dropping?

Luke and Adam
If need be I can bring the trailer home and one of you can tow it to the cabin with your bike if not comfortable riding all the way up.
Doug
Are you still interested in coming?

Any others in the pacNW area or others if so inclined to travel

·
Registered
799 Posts
I am still planning on it. It is still on my calendar. I’ll be honest, right now I am more excited about my bmw airheads but they are still new to me. The Silverwing is running and riding perfect so it’s begging me to go!

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am still planning on it. It is still on my calendar. I’ll be honest, right now I am more excited about my bmw airheads but they are still new to me. The Silverwing is running and riding perfect so it’s begging me to go!
ride what you like. your welcome on what ever

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
On our HTTA-MN ride yesterday we had four CX/GLs, two Goldwings, two BMWs and a Kawasaki.

·
Registered
799 Posts
ride what you like. your welcome on what ever
Just took the Silverwing for a nice ride tonight. It’s been sitting awhile so I figured I better keep the juices flowing in her. She fired right up and ran as good as ever. I love how reliable these bikes are with low and easy maintenance. I definitely won’t betray her and leave her home for an HTTA event!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Fafnir, you look pretty robust for 75 :D :LOL: ;)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Dang Wonder if the border would be open by then, how far to Calgary Alberta from your place? Have Daughter want to see.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts