Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand some dislike my idea: disassembling comstar wheels and reconstruct newer wheels.

Though I did it.

My CX500TC now has 17 inches rim size for both front and rear: F 110/80-17, R 120/90-17.

Believe or not, it runs so smooth, and fast and easy at everywhere !

·
Registered
254 Posts
I understand some dislike my idea: disassembling comstar wheels and reconstruct newer wheels.

Though I did it.

My CX500TC now has 17 inches rim size for both front and rear: F 110/80-17, R 120/90-17.

Believe or not, it runs so smooth, and fast and easy at everywhere !

[media]https://picasaweb.google.com/VF1000RG/20110812?authkey=Gv1sRgCL6_mOWsveuu_AE#5639968560211591042[/media]

I dig it!!!! I love subtle changes that keep the stockish look, but make it unique. Nice work!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Noir,

The bike looks very sharp with those wheels. Do you know what bike they came off of originally?

Ed

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There used to be an quick image attaching function, though now I don't know how.

Hope the image is appearing below.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dig it!!!! I love subtle changes that keep the stockish look, but make it unique. Nice work!

I bought one with rubbish look condition, not a mint nor a Pebble Beach status, so I do whatever I want.

I may gonna modify braking systems.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noir,

The bike looks very sharp with those wheels. Do you know what bike they came off of originally?

Ed

I made a front wheel with rear wheel rim and spokes of HONDA NS400 and hub and disks are from VF1000R.

A rear wheel is using CX500TC hub, Vf1000R spokes and NS400 rim.

I cruised at 130 mph fast, though no problem at all.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Finally, I found an answer to my front wheel, replaced into NS400R's 2.75-17.
Extend front forks and slide down 15mm would perform very smooth riding for CX500TC.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Nice video and really like the TURBO word when you're on boost. :cool:

Don't you have police? I'd love to ride like that around here but it would result in being arrested within the first few miles.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand what you mean; I was arrested when I've done a similar act in Los Angeles, California.

I usually don't ride rough. However, I checked where local police routing before I do this:rolleyes:
Apology for citizens, and wish they forgive my childish act.

1078.jpg

1085.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
I also enjoyed the video. It's nice to see what other country terrain is like, even if awkward to watch. You took a few risks I would never, but did them well it seems, at least to the point of being able to write about it.

I noted the graphic of "radar cop". You had your eyes on for that ride. Nice.

The audio was crap however.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree for the crapped sound. Many Action cam video need to modify sound performance.
Or I shall use Band Aid and shield the microphone.

My point is now my CX can go for Mulholland Drive, only if I face a risk to crash and dump.
1088.jpg

1087.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldn't think about swapping if ma wheels were shine and bright.
Though I'm in love with performance that 17-inch wheels given.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I get both your points Noir
But this is something i inherited from my car mechanic father
He didn't like to change the look of his cars
I must have a brain short cirquit somewhere :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What I've learned is buying a "Runs Good" vehicle in a lower price tag costs more than buying a "Mint" vehicle in a high price tag if I want to restore as "Mint" vehicle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry, I don't get it.
On Mulholland drive, there is a cameraman that sets up on a tight uphill left hand turn, and takes pictures of bikes as they ride by. Many wrecks occur out there and some believe the road surface is 'modified' to cause such wrecks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On Mulholland drive, there is a cameraman that sets up on a tight uphill left hand turn, and takes pictures of bikes as they ride by. Many wrecks occur out there and some believe the road surface is 'modified' to cause such wrecks.
Thanks rxpx40
I understand Mulholland condition

I just didn't get his phrase, "There is a reason he sets up there. . ."
Who is he? Is he a rnickey mouse?
Is that a warning for me to crash?

Sorry, ain't native speaker, Eh

01.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts