Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CL in my garage that has been torn apart for a while and I finally have time to put it all back together.

The carb kit I ordered came with a float bowl gasket that is smaller than what I need.

I am trying to find something that I might be able to put in its place just until I get one ordered.

All I am trying to do is get the bike started without spilling fuel all over the garage.

The float bowl gasket on it now is leaking. Any Ideas on something I can temporarily stuff in its place?

Thanks

-Tony

I know its not a CX but I figured this was a better place to ask than the off topic section.

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
Shep means a piece of the cardboard box of cereal. I hope.

I've heard of that for temp fixes before, with decent short term results.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Buy a case of Budweiser beer in bottles. Drink all of the beer. Remove the partition - the divider - that keeps the bottles separated. I mean an old school case of beer, the kind with the box with flaps. My company makes the partitions, and they are .030" uncoated recycled fiberboard - some of the best gasket material for temps available. Soak in oil if it makes you feel better, but really, if you put a thin coating of sealant on both sides, you're good to go. My company also makes the Cornflakes boxes, but they are coated folding cartons, with lots of ink and coatings on the outer surface. It may not make a difference, but I don't think the seal will be as good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.