Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi CX500 Friends!

I'm currently on a year leave enjoying a 9-10 month motorcycle tour on my 1981 CX500.

I've completed the first leg of the tour, which began in Ottawa ON up to the Yukon and back down to Victoria BC; riding for just over 7,500 miles.

The next couple months will be spent zig zagging on the west coast, through Washington, Oregon, California and Arizona. If you have favourite rides (single day or multiple days) let me know what they are. If you wanna meet up and do some of those rides or are able/willing to let me pitch my tent email here - [email protected] .

First couple months have been a dream and I'm really excited to dip down in the US.

Have a good day and a great ride!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Awesome trip! You should ride around the Olympic Peninsula and up to Hurricane ridge on your way down the coast..
If you end up going down that way I may ride out and say hello.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Any idea what your projected route or time line might be?

·
Registered
882 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words. And when in the US, they are worth 1.29 times more! Are you able to post some pics of your adventure?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Are you traveling solo? One bike or two if dual? Or more? Just curious. Who sez you can't tour on a CX500, eh? Happy riding, sounds like your head is screwed on exactly right! Memories for a lifetime.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm travelling solo but meeting friends along the way. none of them ride, so i brought a second helmet for short day trips.

here is a rough outline of the next leg of the tour:

Sep 7 - 10 Olympic Park
Sep 10 - 12 Seattle
Sep 12 - 15 Mount Rainier / Gifford Pinchot National Park
Sep 15 - 17 Portland
Sep 17 - 20 Mt Hood / Willamette / Umpqua National Park
Sep 20 - 21 Rogue River National Park
Sep 21 - 22 Crescent City ?
Sep 22 - 25 PCH1 & Redwoods
Sep 25 - 27 San Francisco
Sep 27 - 30 Yosemite
Sep 30 - Oct 2 Death Valley
Oct 2 - 4 Santa Barbara
Oct 4 - 6 LA
Oct 6 - 8 San Diego

Baja California?
Phoenix?
Texas?

Oct 27 - Mexico City

Open to suggestions within these areas or in other places worth detouring to!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
You are welcome to stop in Wisconsin on your way home. Send me a PM if you are interested. I could probably send you home with a lot of extra parts if you have room on your bike.

·
Registered
800 Posts
here is a rough outline of the next leg of the tour:

Sep 7 - 10 Olympic Park
Sep 10 - 12 Seattle
Sep 12 - 15 Mount Rainier / Gifford Pinchot National Park
Well, did you make it to/through the Seattle area? I would have offered you a place to stay but was out of town 10th -13th.
Good luck on the rest of you adventure!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts