Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ignitech went bad. It was humming and I was only getting a single spark (left side). I sent it back, they repaired it, sent it to me. I plugged it in, all was good... For about 10 miles.

After a solid run up and down the highway, I stopped to get gas. Bike won't start back up. There's no spark to either side.

I did CXPHREAK's cdi ignition stator check, all is good. Results as follows: 1/5=116, 2/5=96, 4/5=115, 6/5=94. Dry test, probe to probe read less than 1, 5 to ground read about the same.

Is there anything that would cause both plugs to fail other than catastrophic ignitech failure? The kill switch is disengaged. What's the significance of it running just fine until I turned the engine off?

·
Registered
438 Posts
fuses - like copper tracks can do funny things when running near their capacity - they get hot - expand and droop but because they heated up gradually - they hold together -
then when you stop they cool down - shrink and break -

had this with the first prototype of the CDI_PSU - spent an entire day fanging around the track - no problems -
next time went to start the bike - no spark - track had gone open on the cooldown -

So as murray says - check those fuses first

Rayman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.