Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I'm pretty new to motorcycle mechanics and am looking for some help. I recently had a friend of mine change the headlight on my bike. It ran great before he changed it and after he fussed around behind the headlight, the bike has no spark. When I turn the ignition all of the indicator lights work and the tail light works, but no headlight or horn. Any suggestions on where to look other than the battery, spark plugs, and coils? - Meaghan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys,

So I'm pretty new to motorcycle mechanics and am looking for some help. I recently had a friend of mine change the headlight on my bike. It ran great before he changed it and after he fussed around behind the headlight, the bike has no spark. When I turn the ignition all of the indicator lights work and the tail light works, but no headlight or horn. Any suggestions on where to look other than the battery, spark plugs, and coils? - Meaghan
Probably shorted something out when you changed the headlight. Super easy to do, done it myself a few times. Make sure all your bullet connectors are sleeved and not touching bare metal. There is a main fuse located behind your left side cover contained in a red cylinder/tube. Most likely this dude is blown and needs to be replaced. Go to your local parts store and grab a case and throw one in and see if it blows again. Let us know. I could be wrong, but I’ve had this exact same thing happen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
If the main fuse blew none of the lights would work. I would open headlight bucket and check all the connections before anything else.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
You should also add a location to your profile, someone may be close enough to assist you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts