Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching internet and salvage yards for '80 cx500 Deluxe tank but coming up empty. And, I'm having an impossible time location the tank dimensions? Anyone have the spec sheet dimensions for cx500 D tank?

I'm looking at trying the Continental tank from Dime City Cycles but not wanting to drop $500 on a fiberglass tank that can't really be modified... Especially without having stock tank dimensions. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Chri

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Ebay and a little patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm kicking around the GL and CB tank options but would need some modifications based on what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Standard/Deluxe tanks pop up on Ebay. At least a couple a month. If you wait a bit and keep checking you will get one. Not like its riding season in Iowa.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
There is tank on ebay now. $220 too expensive imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
I currently have 2 deluxe tanks - as soon as I get 1 sprayed and make sure its all OK/ not leaking etc - I will be selling the other.

Trouble is, I'm not sure how to check that the tank is "all good"? sealed etc? - this is where my awesome... no wait.... awful skill set, really comes into play.

I'm in the UK - but shipping "may" not be too bad.

Are you in a hurry? Thinking of getting the tank done within the next few weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts