Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of the lower locking assembly with key for my GL. If anyone knows of other Hondas with the same top trunk, it would help in my search. Hope to hear from someone soon.

·
Super Moderator
4,677 Posts
As far as I know that trunk was only on the GL500 and GL650. There is a difference between the 1981 and 1982 GL500 trunks. The 1981 has one lock and latch assembly where as the 1982 have separate locks for the lid and the lower trunk.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So my ad needs to change to WTB an 82 GL 500 or 83 GL 650 Lower lock assembly. Thanks so much for that important information.

·
Registered
1982 gl500
15 Posts
So my ad needs to change to WTB an 82 GL 500 or 83 GL 650 Lower lock assembly. Thanks so much for that important information.
Can you post a pick of the part you want? I probably have it since I recently removed all those parts from my project bike.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I am in need of the lower locking assembly with key for my GL. If anyone knows of other Hondas with the same top trunk, it would help in my search. Hope to hear from someone soon.
I have the lower locking assembly with key for GL for sale in good condition, kindly reply me if you are still interested or text my number for faster respond
+1 615 908 5671

Sent from my TECNO CC7 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,677 Posts
OldGold if you reply to eddiescott10000 be sure to ask for pictures and see post #23 here Buyer beware.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you post a pick of the part you want? I probably have it since I recently removed all those parts from my project bike.
Sorry for the late post. I will be gone all weekend but will sent you a picture from the parts book on line, just can't do it right now.

·
Registered
1982 gl500
15 Posts
No worries. I’m out of town this week. If you send the pick, I should be able to let you know if I have the parts. I will be able to send pics back after the 19th.

·
Registered
1982 gl500
15 Posts
No worries. I’m out of town this week. If you send the pick, I should be able to let you know if I have the parts. I will be able to send pics back after the 19th.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hope these make it clear what I am looking for. Hopefully attaching nuts would be included.
IMG_0920.JPG IMG_0921.JPG

·
Registered
1982 gl500
15 Posts
I do have that part, but that is not what I thought your were looking for. It is still attached to the trunk I am hoping to sell as a unit. I suppose I could separate them if it was worth it to me. How much are you looking to spend on the latch?

·
Banned
1 Posts
I’av being searching online for one... any direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do have that part, but that is not what I thought your were looking for. It is still attached to the trunk I am hoping to sell as a unit. I suppose I could separate them if it was worth it to me. How much are you looking to spend on the latch?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Purchased one yesterday but thanks for your response. read the comment following this one. Looks like someone else is looking for a lock also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts