Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the windjammer fairing. I was thinking of gettting rid of it. But there is no headlight behind it, not even mounting bracket for headlight. Anyone steer me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You will need "ears", headlamp bucket, turn signals. Look it up on a parts list at discounthondaparts.com et al.

Then search ebay, parts forum here, or post parts wanted.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
If you could edit your profile to include what kind and year of bike you have and where you are located would help people trying to help you out.

Not only are you going to need a headlight bracket and the ears, but also turn signals and mounts as well.

·
Super Moderator
15,400 Posts
That's the way it works behind fairings. Only a few have been surprised with having ears or something hidden behind the fairing. So hit up ebay and find some ears, headlights and turn signals for which ever bike you have. Since this forum involves about 10 motorcycle variations it becomes a trick even trying to guess what you need.

The 78 cx500 had a nacelle and turn signals, The 79-82 variations of custom and deluxe used ears that slide over the forks. The cx650 has a bolt on ear to the triple tree. The gl's have a wire frame holder with bolt on brackets for turn signals and the list goes on.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Headlight ears and turn signals in good condition are often a pain to find, at least they wre when I was looking for replacement for mine that once had a fairing on it but had been removed and the lamp assembly rigged back on there.

The Vetter bulb and housing were attached with some universal ones you can get from J.C. Whitney.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow... thanks fellas. left for easter brunch and came back to some good stuff on here. Thanks guys. I will edit my profile. Just got the bike, and thought forums like this would be very helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.