Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, picked up a 78 CX500 for $200.00. The bike runs but is in rough shape. I plan on tearing it down and converting it to a cafe bike. Sure I'll post lots of questions, just have to figure out how this forum works.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
good luck from one newbie to another. I picked up a 79 cx500 less than 2 weeks ago. Its fun to get in there and start to make it into a cafe bike.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome to the board! The 1978 is IMHO the best starting platform for a cafe bike. It has the 18" rear wheel which looks so much better than the 16" that the rest of them got from the factory. Good luck with the build and have fun!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
thanks, the bike hadn't been registered in 18 years but some new gas and a battery and it started right up.
You might want to put your location in you profile info, because you might live 3 blocks away from me or someone else, and might be able to get a good 2nd opinion, or a friend to wrench with. Also your bike in your signature line so when you ask about a problem, or will this fit, or whatever, I can look at your signature line and see you have an 81 CX500 Deluxe or whatever, I think you said you have a 79, but don't remember right now lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.