Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Arizona!

I've been watching/reading this forum for a while now, and decided to join the banter. As I'm sure is the case with others here, the CX500 was my first road bike. I bought a CX500 Deluxe in July of 1979, for $2,195. (I still have the sales order from the dealer). Now fast forward 30+ years, and I'd love to put a CX500 back in my garage. I have considered a project bike, and doing a full restoration, and while I have the mechanical ability, I'm thinking I'd rather just find one that has been restored already.

I've been watching craigslist, ebay, cycletrader, forums and googling.... but have yet to find either a '79 or '80 CX500 Deluxe.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I had no doubt that you guys here would understand the appeal of a 30 year old bike. After 3 decades and a couple hundred thousand miles of riding, there is something about going back to where it all started.

I've got a few pics of my original bike that I'll try and post - she was the Candy Presto Red with the gold pinstripes and the black reversed com-star wheels....

After riding "naked" for a while, I put a Windjammer fairing and bags so I could take long trips with my father who had a Gold Wing. But for nostalgia reasons, I'd be looking for as close to the original stock bike as possible.

I understand that finding a bike fully restored is not going to be cheap, but that's ok.

Thanks for the help in my quest to re-live my youth and your warm welcome!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey Scott,a warm welcome from spain.bienbenidos

you have been lurking,well done.

what part of AZ are you in.we have a few great members from there

I originally hail from Minnesota (the Twin Cities) I moved to Scottsdale about 3 years ago. As I tell people, that after 40 some odd years, I finally realized I was "free to leave". lol

Riding 12 months of the year is FABULOUS !!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know what you mean Scott,the summer in august is my only problem,

iv been to tempe,not to far from you#

Ya, the summers can be a bit brutal, but then you just get up early, before the sun is too intense, and head an hour or so north into the high country where it's in the 70's and 80's and the roads are twisty!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.