Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say I'm a newbie and just got my 1st CX500 (1981 Custom) and am fixing it up. It is in good shape and I got it cheap so I've just changed fluids/filters, new tires and battery, replaced fork fluid w/ 20W and added lower handlebars so far. This forum and the old one have been great helps so far. I'll try and post some pics soon.

The custom seat is not very comfortable (as y'all know) so I am looking for a new one. It seems from the threads I've found that a Harley Dyna Glide or 2004+ Sportster seat is a good choice. Looking at Thunder's bike on the old forum, I like the look of the Sportster seat a lot (see below)

Old Thread URL - http://choppercharles.com/cs/forums/192536/ShowPost.aspx

Can anyone help me with the ins and outs of the installation of this type of seat? Or maybe direct me to a thread that does this already? Is this a good choice or is there one you would recommend better? Are there any BIG problems with mounting a Sportster seat? I realize that this is probably the millionth time this has been asked but beg forgiveness due a newbie.

BTW, I love this bike so far. It rides well and is fun to tinker with (at least so far.) And from the looks of some of your bikes, it can be made to look very cool also. Thanks for the forum and for any advice.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Thanks for that link, only one I've seen before was the Dyna... I do like the custom seat, but I want a lower ride and that's the easiest way to drop a couple inches... Not sure if I'm gonna go Wide Glide or Sporty, gotta look at them and compare and see what I like better...

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts