Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick hello from dear old Blighty!!

I've just bought a CX having been inspired to build something similar to the Wrenchmonkee build. I also see that it's owner on the forum, so Hi to Turbomitch, & can I just say how lucky you are!!

I acquired a loosely assembled custom last Sunday with the majority of the parts of a second standard CX thrown in! my intention is to end up with something along the lines of Turbomitch's (they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!)whether that happens remains to be seen of course!

I have set up a blog to follow the process if anyone is interested:

http://themaggotsrevenge.blogspot.com/

No doubt I'll be calling in for help & advice as I get into this build!!

Cheers for now - Shirty

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers AloRaptor!

My first question!

Both sets of fork stanchions, seem to be fubard! (rusty) so my options would seem to be:

Get a set of new stanchions - expensive!

Get best of the existing stanchions re-chromed - still pretty expensive!

Source a set of decent secondhand units - possibly cheaper!

So my question is, are other there any bikes fitted with the same stanchions that would widen my hunt?

Cheers - Shirty

·
Registered
128 Posts
I like this blog. I can't wait for the next post. In some ways I wish I could start a project like this, but I don't have the money or workshop for something of that magnitude! Keep us posted though, I'm excited to follow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

Geoff I can assure you this is a budget build!! (my wife has told me !!) so I'll be trying to make do & mend as much as possible. The original bike + bits was just over £350 (around 570US dollars) so I've not invested lots of money......yet!! & my workshop is mainly in the garden as my shed isn't really big enough.

Cheers - Shirty

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the Clymer manual has color wiring diagrams, Haynes dosn't. Love the blog. Good read.

Cheers, I must get round to updating it!! (haven't done an awful lot as I've been trying to get my K100 beemer sorted after breaking down!!)

Hopefully I'll be minimising the wiring & the Haynes will have to do!!

Cheers f'now

·
Registered
458 Posts
easy done, I used 7 core trailer wire !! Mr Honda made everything with a connector, for easy removal of just one piece of the loom. Nearly had a coronary, the first time I changed a head light lamp.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.