Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang.

Newbie here, just picked up a 1979 CX500 Deluxe from the original owner. He's 90 year old!!!!He son told me that its time to let the bike go! and i got a very good price on it.

The bike has 14k miles on it. nothing is missing, started right up. I am probably going to get rid of the windshield, the side bags will go on my 1964 HONDA DREAM. I am planning to turn the bike into a cafe racer. Looking forward to getting experts advise from here (i hope).

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
welcome.

be sure and check out the "Customization" area for ideas on cafe' racers.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to the CX/GL500 forum. Yep, these bikes are as good as any as raw materials for some home-built contraption. Go for it!

Oh and another thing, please update your sign-on and signature info to let us all know where you're at and especially what model and year your bike is.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome.

I think most of us secretly want to build a cafe racer too. That's a great picture/bike you've got there and a perfect candidate for some mods.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Some purists on here dont like the sound of you building a cafe but I say HAVE FUN! Project bikes are so fun and you got yourself a clean two wheeler there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts