Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all of you fellow cx and gl owners. And any femal owners as well.I am new to this forum and to the use of computers as well.I joined this in hopes of learning not only about motorcycles.But also to become better at the use of this machine.My first question was about decals for 1980 cx500 custom. I did see some replys to my question and tryed to thank those who did. But am not sure I did it corectly.So am reasking the question where can one get replacement decals for tank and side covers for 1980 cx500 custom? Again thanks for information.

52Rod

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
only thing i can remember is the side cover decals that are in the old drop down site that is no more but blind stitch saved alot of the info

but dis be what your looking for i belive the 82 decals will work on the side covers so they are #4 and # 5 on the list

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6EDVo72Y5BfMDEwYmExZWEtMzZiZS00YjdlLWFiODEtZDQwNmVlNDM5YzE2&hl=en

but would you also care to update your info telling us were you live at and put your bike type in your signature line you never know there might be a member that lives near by

and by the way welcome

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
http://www.bdesigns.ca/

Anything from one to a complete set including every one the bike came with.
I've looked at that site, and didn't see anything for the 1980 cx500, there's the 78 CX500, but it's totally different, and they had the turbo and the 650... I'm helping them get the 80 CX500 Custom taken care of, that's one bike they were wanting and so I'm sending pics and possibly the tank and side covers later, it's all off the parts bike so I can spare them for a bit...

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I've looked at that site, and didn't see anything for the 1980 cx500, there's the 78 CX500, but it's totally different, and they had the turbo and the 650... I'm helping them get the 80 CX500 Custom taken care of, that's one bike they were wanting and so I'm sending pics and possibly the tank and side covers later, it's all off the parts bike so I can spare them for a bit...

Like most small companies you just need to call or write them as I see you've done. These people treated me right thus the only reason I recommend them and the products I got back for my '79 Custom were second to none, including all the instruction sheets they sent.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Like most small companies you just need to call or write them as I see you've done. These people treated me right thus the only reason I recommend them and the products I got back for my '79 Custom were second to none, including all the instruction sheets they sent.
That's good, customer service to me is number 1, I'll pay more to not go to the a-hole Honda shop in kalamazoo, the customer service there sucks, as did the Harley shop in Plainwell, (imagine that...) so I now go to a custom shop called Deviate Cycles in Saugutuck MI, they do custom builds and standard repairs and can get most parts, he might order them off sites I could get them from myself, but I like the guy and want to support small local business, and he talked about taking me in as an apprentice!!! We'll see how that goes this year, he just started the shop last yr, so business was small when we talked about it then, but he said next year, which is anytime now, but I'll wait till snow's gone and he's got stuff to do

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Main reason I like to deal with local or good companies that actually care such as Matt @ TAS, at least he's honest.

"Yea, you want this, bring it back if it isn't right" does not sit well with me.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I've got my sources.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
thats all i need to know about buddy because i am going to have to order the gaskets for the engine

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
No big deal.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
A bit too pricey for me, that's why I went with my previous link.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.