Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Great forum, its been a huge help. I'm about a year through my build now and currently modifying the frame. The end is near and I'm hopeful to have it ride-able in the next few months. My intention is to document the full build on my blog, so check back soon as I'm updating it regularly : will nicholson | blog

However at this stage I am still compiling all my photos etc. I've attached a few from various stages of the build below...

Cheers!
Will.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Transport Mode of transport Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive design Motor vehicle Black Light Close-up Automotive design Photography

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your engine and exhaust wrap look schmick. Did you paint the engine yourself, and if so, how did you get such nice crisp lines on your tappet cover?
Thanks! Yep all work done by myself. For the tappet covers I painted them, then carefully sanded the ridges with wet and dry sand paper. I'm happy with the results.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What part of nz are you in?

Good to see a painted engine without all the nuts and bolts painted, I can't stand it when EVERYTHING is painted. Yours looks very good

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What part of nz are you in?

Good to see a painted engine without all the nuts and bolts painted, I can't stand it when EVERYTHING is painted. Yours looks very good
Thanks mate. Yep, every bolt was replaced!

I'm based in Hamilton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts