Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello good people of CX/GL500 land.

I have had a 1982 GL500 for a few years - put a few bucks into it last spring and fell in love with it all over again. I'm not a big wrench-head, myself, so I hired the work out to a local shop who respects the bike. Had a wonderful summer riding. My wife and I have doubled down on motorcycling this year so we now own a couple more beautiful machines (will reveal another time, if curious), but what this really means is that I now have the option to do some more work on the old Silverwing without jeopardizing the riding season.

In other words, I'm hoping to get deeper into wrench-head territory! Imagine my euphoria when I found this site! And a GL500 parts machine for $150 on the same night!

She's got about 30k on her. She could stand some restoration as she lived under the stars before she met me. I put a crappy windshield on a couple years ago, may spend a few on a decent screen. May add hard bags. Still running great, no problems there!

I look forward to reading the board and getting to know y'all.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
warm welcome from the south of spain.

spend a few minutes to updating your signiture line.include your bikes details and your location in the world.

the guys here will make your local machine shop very unhappy,they will guide you through all the jobs you ever need to do on your bike.your machine shop will have to put their retirement back a little

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Maine? That puts you within easy riding distance of Keith's Canada Rally (eh?) and ONE Vermont(Odd year New England rally) in 2011. Great chance to put faces with avatars.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome Telebass,

You and I are in the same boat, I'm a newbie too. I've only been a member for a few days and I've already gained so much knowledge, you came to the right place!

Cheers from sunny (but not so warm) Virginia!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Maine? That puts you within easy riding distance of Keith's Canada Rally (eh?) and ONE Vermont(Odd year New England rally) in 2011. Great chance to put faces with avatars.

When and where does the Canada rally take place? I've got family near Toronto, and travel there for work from time to time also, could be another good reason to get up there again and bring the bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When and where does the Canada rally take place? I've got family near Toronto, and travel there for work from time to time also, could be another good reason to get up there again and bring the bike.

Me too - Mrs. Telebass has a brother etc. in Toronto and we've been sort of aiming for the 2011 calendar sometime to make the trip. Would be a gas to pull it all together.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Telebass,

You and I are in the same boat, I'm a newbie too. I've only been a member for a few days and I've already gained so much knowledge, you came to the right place!

Cheers from sunny (but not so warm) Virginia!

Cheers! Gonna get colder 'fore she gets warmer, no doubt. Good time to find good forums (fora? fori?)!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'll agree, when the weather is bad absorb as much knowledge as you can from this forum, it may come in handy in future.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

Welcome Telebass,

You are with GOOD friends here

You and your good lady would be made more than welcome at our 3rd Canadian Honda CX/GL Rally EH !!!

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg302/nippongreen/1St%20Canadian%20CX%20GL%20Rally%2009/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

All The best..........Keith........

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Welcome Telebass,

You are with GOOD friends here

You and your good lady would be made more than welcome at our 3rd Canadian Honda CX/GL Rally EH !!!

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg302/nippongreen/1St%20Canadian%20CX%20GL%20Rally%2009/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

All The best..........Keith........
Leave it to those Limeys not to answer the real question!
Keith, you for got to give the link to where and when!

Here is the rally information!

Rally Link

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Sorry Dave !!!!

I couldn't post pics of the "3rd Annual Honda CX/GL Rally EH !!!"

CUZ IT AIN'T HAPPENED YET....................

Merry Christmas folks...........

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Sorry Dave !!!!

I couldn't post pics of the "3rd Annual Honda CX/GL Rally EH !!!"

CUZ IT AIN'T HAPPENED YET....................

Merry Christmas folks...........

No Keith ... he asked when and where it was! Pictures are nice, but that doesn't get him there on the right date ...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Bah Humbug........

Pictures are stll nice though ......

Cheers........Keith........
........TKS for the link Dave

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Keith, is the picture in your profile of your wife or someone I should be dreaming about?

No matter, once I became unattached again earlier this year I've got them coming out of the woodwork. Unsure if it's going to work out with the one I'm leaning towards for a number of reasons but I'm going to make a go at it. She's extremely smart and while we may be from "the same side of the tracks" we differ greatly as far as politics go so I've just got to be very careful where I step.

It's no wonder we often name our cars, boats &/or bikes after women, they're all temperamental and can leave you stranded in the dust when you least expect it.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Keith, is the picture in your profile of your wife or someone I should be dreaming about?

No matter, once I became unattached again earlier this year I've got them coming out of the woodwork. Unsure if it's going to work out with the one I'm leaning towards for a number of reasons but I'm going to make a go at it. She's extremely smart and while we may be from "the same side of the tracks" we differ greatly as far as politics go so I've just got to be very careful where I step.

It's no wonder we often name our cars, boats &/or bikes after women, they're all temperamental and can leave you stranded in the dust when you least expect it.
Politics can be very important. Every time there is an election I have to walk on eggshells!

Take one of those that asks you what you think rather than what you should think ... and likes riding a motorcycle ... unless you do want to ride alone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.