Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide compatible turbos for a 79 cx500? Also, looking to buy a vm34 Mikuni dual carburetor. Any insight on installation and increase in top speed for stock cx500?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also looking for single seats for the bike. Preferably ones where the battery will not have to be moved or custom brackets installed.

·
Super Moderator
15,211 Posts
Moved to the Custom & Mods section. The Turbo section is for the models that came from the factory with turbochargers and I'm pretty sure that installing one of those would involve replacing the whole engine and significantly altering the frame. Besides, the rest of your post fits Custom & Mods better too and your bike is pretty customized already.

BTW: Welcome to the forum. Please add your location to your profile and your bike's model and model year (NOT year first registered) to your signature (see Forum Settings link in my signature) so that you don't have to remember to tell us every time and we don't have to keep asking when you forget.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Murray's Mikuni carb set up would probably be the best improvement, and I don't think the OP is using the word "turbo" correctly.

·
Super Moderator
4,203 Posts
Reactions: Sidecar Bob

·
Registered
37 Posts
The top speed of a CX is limited by gearing- not power. My only guess to fix that is if the final drive of the 650 is a smaller ratio- assuming it can retrofit to a 500 swingarm or 650 swingarm to 500 frame. Then look to tweak power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts