Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I just got this gl500 and I got 2 tanks and they both don't fit. One is some random tank and the other is a cx500 tanks. They mount on 2 rubber bushings. They both are too wide for the bushings. I am looking for some aftermarket tank that is smaller and compact that will fit right on. Just got my motorcycle permit and this is my first bike to ride on the street. Also where do you put the battery and will the pod filters fit the gl500 frame Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Why pods??? Nothing but trouble.

Reactions: 2wheelsV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I just got this gl500 and I got 2 tanks and they both don't fit. One is some random tank and the other is a cx500 tanks. They mount on 2 rubber bushings.

Ok so i had to weld the bushings on the pins . Cut them off left stub for alignment . Threaded for bolts. . How do i post pics

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,052 Posts
Custom tank, most likely. That's not from a Deluxe or Standard.

R

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cx500 c is custom ?
This tank came with the side covers for cx500 and tank gas cap area definitely honda . I have 1 inch clearance of bars to tank . I liked it high so the alignment on pins for bolt bushings worked great . Ill post pics of new custom next week . Got to be the happiest 15 year old kid just got my permit and riding already . Need to address the shocks next . Dont hold air !

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,052 Posts
CX500C tank.

The side covers from the Custom and Standard/Deluxe are different but interchangeable (same mounts.)

R

P.S. Just realized that's a GL your building on. The CX500 side covers will need some modification to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts