Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had someone ask me privately where to get a new RUBBER brake line and I did NOT have an answer for him.

Yes there's more than me that likes the rubber over the SS.

Just wondering if anyone knows where to get a new rubber one instead of the SS ? I searched but couldn't find anywhere.

All the new Jap bikes still come with the rubber ones so I'm thinking there has to be an after market supplier somewhere that will custom fit a new rubber one like JDA does the SS.

Anybody ?

P.S. This thread is NOT meant to be another SS vs.Rubber discussion....so PLEASE nobody turn this into one of those threads....we want rubber, so if you know where to get it please let us know......if not then shut up LMAO

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think that Tess makes custom hydraulic lines/hoses here on the other side of the pond. Not sure if they ship to the US though... But perhaps you can check with a local hydraulic hose supplier. Surely there must be one?

Michael

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
If I were heck bent on getting one I measure the LOA and go to ebay. A line is a line if it fits? Guys wreck new bikes all the time. Or, If you find a rubber line (go to a new motorcycle dealership with a tape measure and simply match what you need then buy one from their parts dept. it doesn't have to be an aftermarket part.

Cheers, 50gary

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
If I were heck bent on getting one I measure the LOA and go to ebay. A line is a line if it fits? Guys wreck new bikes all the time. Or, If you find a rubber line (go to a new motorcycle dealership with a tape measure and simply match what you need then buy one from their parts dept. it doesn't have to be an aftermarket part.

Cheers, 50gary

Yeah Man.... 40" for me. I forget the banjo angles ( I think it's 15 deg. on mine). Mine were made of the "better" material
and were marketed as HD replacemements... and sold at the Honda Dealership.

$ 32.50.

don't forget those angles!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.