Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of hi to everyone my nme is al i own a 83 cx 650c. i am doing a old time backyard build almost like a rat. i myself graduated from stunt riding a honda f4i so i have been around bikes. now i want to get my hands on some custome work. i have minor skills. i was a gear head for a lilwhile but, this twin in this cx is like no other

i k see alot of you have great knowledge.

now my question this has been asked alot but i havnt seen a real response. i have seen this bike the cx turned into the punisher bike. now i dont want the chopper look but i see his pipes are great and the bike sounds awsome i am trying to post a link but like i said im new if yougo to you tube and put in cx punisher you could find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad5d7DlLh44 i found the link.

if anyone ca give me information on how to get this done. now i know the h pipe is a part that was ment for this bike to have. and i know jeting a tweeking of carbs would be needed. but if anyone could do like a in depth exsplination would be awsome. and i dont want to spend 100 bucks on harley pipes.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
hiya Allan,welcome from spain,,thats awesome,great job.

spend a few minutes to update your signiture line,include your bikes details and where you live in the world

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hiya Allan,welcome from spain,,thats awesome,great job.

spend a few minutes to update your signiture line,include your bikes details and where you live in the world
oh im sorry that is not my bike i was using it as refrense for the pipes i will be geting pics up of my bike

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
oh im sorry that is not my bike i was using it as refrense for the pipes i will be geting pics up of my bike
yeh,i know,still a great video.no worries,a warm welcome,and set up your profile,youl get lots of help

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Al,

The bike looks good and I do like the paint job, but I don't like loud pipes ... they don't save lives. Please don't consider it a slam, but an proven opinion.

One thing ... the angle of the engine ... I am a little concerned that you might have the oil too deep in the back of the engine and it might starve for oil at higher RPMs as the oil pump is near the front of the engine.

Have you measured how much oil it takes to fill it to the full line compared to an engine that is level?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Al,

The bike looks good and I do like the paint job, but I don't like loud pipes ... they don't save lives. Please don't consider it a slam, but an proven opinion.

One thing ... the angle of the engine ... I am a little concerned that you might have the oil too deep in the back of the engine and it might starve for oil at higher RPMs as the oil pump is near the front of the engine.

Have you measured how much oil it takes to fill it to the full line compared to an engine that is level?
David,thats not his bike,i reckon al has grabed the video off of you tube.he is looking for guidance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Alan,

I think it's pretty easy. Buy a second set of headers and weld the curved parts to the existing pipes that you have. A little cutting, some fitting, and you get turned down pipes.

I'll side with others, you would get a ticket anywhere east of the Mississippi with pipes like that. Try getting an extra set of 650 pipes and doing it on a spare.

And don't park on grass. It will backfire and flame like hell, even with a rejet.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
I keep getting lost every time I read it. Probably because people think they are talking to me but couldn't you just get away with a downward pointing exhaust tip of the right size. And then just rejet.

You may be able to get those slip in mufflers to go into the tip before you put them on the header.

Or cut something like this down and slip it on.

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/DHRH7036.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.