Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, I'm Greg live in SE Minnesota just outside Owatonna. New rider and owner of a 1983 CX650 Custom with 36,6xx miles. Overall good shape, in the process of giving it a through detailing and restore as much luster as I can until I'm ready to repaint. Needs a few things (handlebar weights, license plate holder reflector, upgraded headlamp with removable bulb, few other odds and ends). My goal is to make it show worthy and make it look and run like new. Bought the bike from board member jwright a few days ago. Brand new to Motorcycles, but have been a long time car enthusiast and have owned several moderately modified cars and been involved with their respective forums, regional meets, car shows, etc.

Just wanted to introduce myself and extend a invite to local & regional members who would like to meet up sometime. I'm a laid back social guy, deep thinker, family man, gearhead who enjoys the company of like minded and different people alike. It will be a couple weeks before I'm ready for the road on a Motorcycle (applying this week for learners permit & MSF class) but in the mean time, would be happy to meet and connect with area members. If your in the area and have some time to meet up or want to chat, shoot me a PM.

Warm Regards,

Greg

P1030262.JPG P1030265.JPG P1030267.JPG

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Another old fart, welcome, props on the MSF course, took it last year with son #2 and now son #1 and my new daughter in law want to take it this year.
Maybe see you on one of the rides.
Bike looks pretty clean already.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Welcome Greg! Very nice specimen to begin with. You have come to the Wright (haha) place for info on these splendid machines.:cool:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Welcome. From Sunny SoCal.

nice bike.

·
Registered
8,166 Posts
Hey, I know those bags! I got them from my brother when he lived in Cedar Rapids, and sold them to your bike's PO.

Welcome to the fold. That's a good start for a show bike. Looks like it's in great condition.

Keep the third Saturday in May on your calendar for the annual MN Spring Ride. Maybe we'll see you before that, if the southern Minnesota guys want to throw together another Fall Ride. <nudge, nudge>

R

·
Registered
88 Posts
Randall what kind of bags were those and is it possible that they would fit on a '80 500 custom. Those are the kind of bags i want lol.

·
Registered
8,166 Posts
I have no idea. They're a nice heavy leather, but I don't recall seeing a label. Greg might be able to tell you if there's any maker's mark.

I couldn't get them to fit under the seat like that on my Standard, and I didn't feel secure with simple throw-overs. I don't know how they'd fit a 500 Custom, but with the bolt-on seat, it would probably work.

R

1 - 15 of 15 Posts