Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Marine Corps and Motorcycles. 78 year old Weapons Platoon Sgt ending 50 year riding lifestyle on a CX500C that is temporarily down due to no gearshift pedal. OEM part is not available, looking for replacement from someone who has CX500C parts for sale. Merrillan is between Eau Claire and La Crosse off I-94.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Get a hold of "DavefromWisconsin", he is in Appleton. He is a member of this board.I'm fairly sure he'll have what you are looking for.

Bill

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
If David doesn't have one, I have what I think is an '81 Custom parts bike in the garage. I suspect it's the same lever.

R

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Davis from WI, I understand from other posts on the forum that the shift pedal is different for the CX550C and the D model, so is probably different than for the GL. Part I need is OEM 24700-449-000. There is one on ebay but for the CX500D. Thank you for your reply. Dennis USMC 1963-1969.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
R, the 81 CX500C uses the same Change Pedal. Please consider sending it to me...or I could pick it up. My wife, an Air Force veteran goes to the VA in Minneapolis every 3 months. Next visit is 10-13. How can we get together by phone or e-mail?

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Send me a PM, and we'll work it out.

R

·
Registered
528 Posts
Small world. I rode through Merrillan twice on Labor Day weekend.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
I've found the shift lever from my '81 Custom parts bike. It has a little surface rust in the usual places, but otherwise looks good.

We can connect when you're in the Twin Cities next month.

R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts