Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,902 Posts
Welcome, Mark!
Our annual group ride will be coming your way next Saturday, with lunch in New Ulm. You're welcome to join us for all or part of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Though I'd be gone but will try and hook up. Where you going to be in Mankato? Belle Plaine is a bit early for me. Many of the roads you might prefer for motorcycling in this area have been closed or detoured due to torrential rain issues. Mudslides and washouts. The mileage you post suggests you are aware of those.

·
Registered
8,902 Posts
My plan is to be at the Shell Station on 3rd Avenue for a fuel stop and stretch between 10:20 and 10:50.
If you miss us in Mankato, we'll be a Veigel's Kaiserhoff in New Ulm over the noon hour.

·
Registered
8,902 Posts
Many of the roads you might prefer for motorcycling in this area have been closed or detoured due to torrential rain issues. Mudslides and washouts. The mileage you post suggests you are aware of those.
Are the closures new in the last three weeks? The only detour we had on the preview ride was a stalled train just north of Mankato.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Another member from MN, are all the CX/GLs from MN? :p

Welcome to the forum, the MN thing is a joke that just started recently

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
68 from Mankato to New Ulm (the likely route I would guess) is now open. 93 closes every time there is a significant rain. Maybe by now they are in the habit of fixing it quickly. If you are going on the north side of the original great river, you can of course cut over at Blakely, and take Co. 21 from Le Sueur to just outside of Mankato where it turns into BE Co. 5 and continues into Mankato

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds like you were already planning on co. 21 if stalled trains might be a concern....

·
Registered
8,902 Posts
sounds like you were already planning on co. 21 if stalled trains might be a concern....
Click the links in the 1st post in this thread:
The route is all laid out there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts